Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PC vs Console

Go down 
+3
Paul Thame
Donovan Keller
Slip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Slip
VGM
VGM
Slip

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 pm

So we all have opinions on where we like to play our games. And some of us like to use both consoles and PCs. The question here is, which would you prefer to be purchasing game for PC or a console.

When you buy a game for your console it is guarenteed to work without any system tweeking or upgrades. When you buy a game for PC (assuming your comp is already good enough to handle it) you can get smoother game play, better graphics and more customization for all of your games.

Lets debate!
Back to top Go down
Slip
VGM
VGM
Slip

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

I can honestly say that I would rather buy a game for a console because of the fact that I know it will work no matter what and if I am buying the game it is for the reason that I really want to play it.

Also, this is only talking about purchasing the games, pirating games isn't being discussed.
Back to top Go down
Donovan Keller
Destiny Member
Destiny Member
Donovan Keller

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 pm

As a old school gamer who grew up with the Atari 2600, I love my consoles. However, it depends on the game...

FPS on PC cannot be beat by console, but I prefer games like Halo and Call of Duty to be Console.

Strategy, Turn based I'll play on either, but RTS has to be PC.

RPG's, I kinda like chilling in front of the TV for this one. Laying around on the couch.

Fighting games, gotta have a controller, so console. Yes you can have a controller on PC, but still Console.

Driving games... nothing like good old fashion Arcade for this, but it's a dying breed everyone forgets. I drive on my consoles mostly now days.

Right now my poison is Red Dead... console. Looking forward to alot, but missed out on alot. So trying to catch up. Red Dead was just a must have game.
Back to top Go down
Paul Thame
Destiny Member
Destiny Member
Paul Thame

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:10 pm

As with DK, it depends partly for me on the game type. If it's a sports game, it'll be on consoles. Most other things, I'll get a PC version
Back to top Go down
TGR
Lord Of Admin Hax
Lord Of Admin Hax
TGR

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Firstly, the issue about not knowing if it works or not? That's down to your own knowledge of the computer. It's not hard to find your PCs processor speed, RAM, video card or hard drive space remaining. There are console games that don't really work for consoles that well (either laggy at times, or huge loading times).

I have a self built gaming PC, it blows what consoles can do out of the water (it cost me only a little more to build than what a PS3 cost at the time. Built it for £370 originally, but the power supply was replaced sooner after, also sold my old PC for £300 so it didn't cost much at all).

Most games are also modifiable on the PC, sometimes mods are better than the actual game. PC games are also FAR cheaper, I got Just Cause 2 for less than half what it costs on a console.

I most enjoy RPGs (which are about equal on consoles and PCs) strategy (consoles suck for those) and shooting games (PC shooters are far superior to console versions).

That said, sport or driving games are often far better on consoles.

Multiplayer is also better on PC, it's less laggy and a PC is better capable of easy communication in game.
Back to top Go down
Slip
VGM
VGM
Slip

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Yea, you will never get the speed or percise aiming with a controller as you do with a mouse and keyboard for FPS. But third person is much worse on PC because they tend to be clunkier controlls that are better served with dual joysticks. I can also say that playing Split second on my PC without a controller is kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Boss
Friend Of The Fed
Friend Of The Fed
Boss

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Well depending on the game... if its a game that I want to mod and have fun with, the PC wins.

If its a game I know I can have fun with and dont want to have to deal with hacking all god damn day long, the console wins.

Personally I think the console will win due to not having to buy 1 million things for your computer to have it work.. but some times I just want to mod crap...
Back to top Go down
Donovan Keller
Destiny Member
Destiny Member
Donovan Keller

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Now I usually don't worry about PC games, as mine is "usually" up to date. Not recently, so alot of my PC preferred games... I got on console. I'd so prefer Battlefield Bad Company on PC... but like Red Dead on Console... tossing up the idea of buying a Video Card to enhance Dragon Age, or just buying for console.

Someone just give me some F-ing money and I'll buy PS3, XBOX 360, and a PC Top of the line... games for all three, and I'll write reviews that nobody really reads, just pick apart.
Back to top Go down
Slip
VGM
VGM
Slip

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 am

every gamers dream job eh DK?
Back to top Go down
Boss
Friend Of The Fed
Friend Of The Fed
Boss

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am

Everytime you say DK I think your talking to me :/...
Back to top Go down
Donovan Keller
Destiny Member
Destiny Member
Donovan Keller

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:38 am

For sure... give me a job where I can indulge my inner gamer.

To make money for something you love to do.

Boss: Hey, got a new game for you to test. Barbie's Dream House. You'll love it. You get to decorate it and dress Barbie in all kinds of fashions!
Me: What the F?
Back to top Go down
Jason Brawler
VGM
VGM
Jason Brawler

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:12 am

Depends on the game. Any sports or racing game definitely needs to be on a console. But some shooter or RPG game can actually be ok on the computer. I had no problem with Mafia or a few other RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Snapshot
Destiny Member
Destiny Member
Snapshot

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:56 am

I actually have a top PC, a 360, and a PS3. And a GameFly account. >_>

I could do all of that, with enough time. lol

Now, for me, I'll usually go console unless there's some compelling reason why a Mouse = Better.

RTS's, FPS's... that's about all the edge a PC can have over anything else. Fallout 3 would have been better on my PC rather than my 360, but only because I loved punching super mutants to death. =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/MadamSnapshot
Boss
Friend Of The Fed
Friend Of The Fed
Boss

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:31 am

Yeah thats one of the games I love to mod on PC.. Fallout 3.. and Oblivion (Those games files were the easiest in history to just make what ever you want Very Happy) Although the ones im talking about that piss me off is when everyone hacks in CSS (Counter Strike Source) I know some people use skill but so many use Walls and Aim Bot. Counter Strike Source Guy: Fucking Modders!!!
Back to top Go down
TGR
Lord Of Admin Hax
Lord Of Admin Hax
TGR

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:34 am

CSS is horribly easy to hack is why >_>
Back to top Go down
Slip
VGM
VGM
Slip

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:45 am

it's cause it source and it's designed to allow you to mod it. Allowing mod means easy hacks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PC vs Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC vs Console   PC vs Console Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC vs Console
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topic of the day-
Jump to: